Sunday, January 01, 2012

Swing Into 2012

It has been a while since I posted anything.  It has been a very busy month of December with my Mom's 80th birthday party and the memory box and guest book and slideshow I created for her celebration.  Then I created most of my Christmas presents as well. 

I have decided to go on 2 adventures this coming year!  I have agreed to pledge to UIU (Use it Up) this year.  Click on the button on the right of my blog to go to Fran's blog and see more details.  But in short, I pledge to use what I have to create my projects in the coming year.  And if I purchase supplies they MUST be used.  I have lots of projects in mind so I should be able to use up plenty of my "Stuff"!

The second adventure I have signed up for is the Postcard Challenge set up by Darcy W in the UK.  Click the button on the right panel of my blog to get further information.  I have not yet finalized the characters who will be corresponding in my version of the postcard challenge but have ideas that will be finalized before my head hits the pillow this evening, I HOPE. 

I have created my book for storing the postcards and used a modified version of the stack the deck binding by Laura Denison (YouTube Video - Stack The Deck) which she posted as her first of this year's 12 Projects of Christmas.  I created the book on my latest Ustream show and you can see the recording here: Stack the Deck Postcard Book  .  So now I need to get to work and finalize my characters so I can make their Character Sketch pages and be ready for the first post card.

Of course I will also have other creations going on throughout the year from scrapbooking to card-making to minibook making and whatever else peeks my curiosity.  So I will keep you all up to date here and I hope you choose to join me on my Ustream Show on Mondays at 4 pm eastern.  MusicScrp - The Musical Scrapper

Thanks

Jean

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic post Jean and I have also joined the UIU pledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wandering through to say hello to/from a fellow UIU Buddy! We can do it!! Good luck!!

    Happy New Year!
    *huggles*
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Jean, I'll be watching from here with popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've signed up for the UIU too! Can't wait to see what comes up from your stash!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what Jean - ever since I heard about Nataliya & Marcello I can't wait for the story to begin LOL.
    Smiles
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jean, just introducing myself to the other pledgers (if that's a word!) on the UIU journey. Love your post cards and look forward to seeing what you produce from your stash hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete